Accounts Manager: Roles And Responsibilities For A Successful Business
Accounts Manager are responsible for good branding that is built on strong relationships. However, nurturing and preserving relationships is critical, especially in business, where client competition is fierce, and loyalty is hard-earned.
Account managers are important for maintaining strong and healthy customer relationships. In this blog, I will cover the roles and accountabilities of an account manager and their contribution to the success of the business.
Does putting a smile on someone else’s face amuses you? If so, the account manager is the best profession for you. Part seller, part customer-service representative, an account manager has the ninja skills to manage and deliver the job as when required. Read on to be sure.
What is the job of an account manager?
An account manager is a link between an agency and its clients. They
- supervise agency-client relationship
- regulate clients’ needs
- cater to short-term and long-term needs
- guaranteeing the agency delivers.
The main responsibilities of account managers are to
Supervising budgets, expenditure, revenue, and clarifying cost factors to clients are also part of the job. Some account managers are liable for identifying fresh clients, potential commercial opportunities and promoting products & services.
Account management is a post-sales role with two primary objectives:
- Retain clients’ business Grow those opportunities
How do they accomplish these objectives?
Learning their customers’ goals & Helping their customers achieve those goals.
Unlike an outdated sales role, which focuses on short-term client landing, the role of an account manager is a long-term liaison and trusted client consultation.
To put it simply, deals are transactional and account managements are relational.
It is only rational that candidates are now opting for account training given the roles, responsibilities, and demand in the industry. The package offered against a fresher or experienced accounts manager is one of the most lucrative options available in the market. Likewise, there are various accounts course that is sprouting every day to accommodate students/candidates needs for a better future.
You can choose the best accounts course using the following criteria:
- placement & internship supported
- course tie-ups with corporates, MNCs
- course conducted by reputed & experienced institutes
- number of students placed annually
- modern course curriculum
- industry best faculty
- practical training with hands-on experience
- learning with live software
- learn from anywhere (classroom/online)
That being said, let’s check out top 6 expertise of an account manager
- Communication is the key
- The accountant manager connects the customer and the rest of the company
- He/she must excel at communicating over the phone, through email, with the team and in person
- They must comfortably address the top executives, coordinating managers and sales reps
- As an account manager, they must have a strategic program that includes the entire organization to ensure the fulfillment of customer’s needs and expectations
- They streamline their communications by
- mapping out the key organizational relationships
- help sales reps identify the right people to contact
- identify the fastest path to the sale
- share account updates
- track all touch points into one platform
- Company and client expertise
- One of the key goals account managers is to cultivate strategic relationships with the topmost accounts
- They must have an in-depth knowledge of the company and its customers
- They should also recognize the best prospects for growth and service to their customers
- This skill is important because customers expect customized service. Key customers prefer curated custom offerings instead of ‘off the shelf” products
- Account Manager develop better offers, handles account’s strategy, market position, budget, and goals
- Strategic perspective
- Accounts Manager are strategically involved in managing each account
- These strategic perspectives are long term
- They orchestrate agreements that align with an equally beneficial policy
- Account Managers are leaders
- They must be proficient at directing clienteles and managing staffs at all levels
- Since accounts managers touch so many parts of the business, they should be poised, confident and command respect from both customers and co-employees
- Skilled negotiation
- The role of an account’s manager is to build the lifetime value of their customer
- In order to do this, they should negotiate terms and make a fair deal for the client and the company
- This requires an intense sense of knowledge, apt timing, killer presentation skills, and absolute confidence
- Value-based selling
- Long-term success depends on being able to demonstrate value to the customer which is where an accounts manager comes to play
- As an Accounts Manager, you must interconnect with your customers through value offerings both financially and strategically
There are numerous professions available with accounts training besides accounts manager. To know more, click here.
- India Takes A Step Ahead With The Latest Digital Union Budget For The Financial Year 2021! - February 1, 2021
- Short Term Courses For Accounts Professionals - February 1, 2021
- Become A Pro Analyst With Stock Market Training Programs - January 2, 2021
DISCLAIMER: The content created above is for the readers' knowledge and information only. Before acting on any of the aforementioned article's points, it is advised to get expert advice.