Data Security in Tally.ERP 9
Data security of any software suite should be nothing other than robust, of Tally.ERP 9 no less. Tally is responsible for housing the sensitive and crucial data of any business organization. But what if one fine day the accountant/ Tally user comes to realize all of the data is just… gone? All of the hard work in vain. Besides features, the security aspect of any software suite especially of the stature of Tally should be reliable and strong. A good Tally training institute like ours often focusses on modular Tally courses that focus as much on the security aspect as anything else.
Data Security Principle
The data security space is complex but can be viewed in basically two ways:
- Prevention of data breach – This principle of security aims to avoid a data breach, prevention, or corruption issues by pro-actively defending the data stores and the system surrounding it. After all, prevention is better than cure.
- Data recovery – This principle approaches in a different way. Even if all the data get corrupt, lost, or disintegrated – proper recovery of such data should be made possible. If prevention fails, the cure cannot.
Security Measures in Tally
As one of the flagship accounting software available in the market when it comes to accounting, Tally provides impressive security features in its software suite. The basic security strategy of Tally is as follows:
- Identifying the data to be protected and determining its accessibility.
- Testing the security robustness of Tally to find security loopholes that might be exploited.
- Identifying data security limitations if any and report them.
- Creating new data protection strategies, policies and procedures in Tally to lockdown sensitive data
Tally Security Levels
Tally Security is multi-layered. It has two so-called layers, which are as follows :
- Owner – Someone with admin access rights. This permits working with all the features of Tally.ERP 9, save for Tally Audit and Company Alteration. These two are handled by the Administrator. Based on perceived security scenarios. the admin can create other security levels and assign or restrict access based on the requirement.
- Data Entry – Someone with restricted access. Admin can assign or restrict access as and when the need arises.
Basic Tally Security Measures
- It is important to know how the software is controlling and protecting your data. Encrypted transmission, restricted application access, secure file storage, and secured connectivity help keep data safe on Tally.
- The data transmission between various versions of Tally is strongly encrypted to prevent a data breach. Multiple layers of encryption algorithms are deployed for the purpose.
- A secured network is opened when a user requests a network service. This network should not be accessible by anyone other than the concerned person.
- Finally, the stored data on Tally ERP9 is encrypted and stored on the hard disk using Tally vault.
We have one of the best Tally and GST training courses in the market which you guys might want to check out.
Do check out our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages if you like the content we publish 🙂
- Top Career Opportunities For Accountants - June 2, 2020
- Data Security in Tally.ERP 9 - June 1, 2020
- Understanding Product Costing in SAP FICO - May 30, 2020
DISCLAIMER: The content created above is for the readers' knowledge and information only. Before acting on any of the aforementioned article's points, it is advised to get expert advice.