India Takes A Step Ahead With The Latest Digital Union Budget For The Financial Year 2021!
“For this monumental milestone marking task, I have allocated Rs 3,768 crore for Financial Year 2021,”
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Finance Minister Of India.
- Ms Nirmala Sitharaman presented the first paperless Union Budget in Parliament on Monday, 1st Of February, 21.
On 01.02.2021, the Indian Union Budget 2021 becomes Digital, replacing the traditional Briefcases & Papers with Electronic Tablet- A More Convenient & Affordable Approach for presenting the financial budget to tackle Covid-19 Aftermath. This transformation marks a milestone in the ‘Digital India’ campaign launched by the Government of India.
India’s first-ever digital census came into implementation after Ms Nirmala Sitharaman, Finance Minister of India replaced the ‘bahi-khata’ tradition with ‘Made-In-India Tablet’ and presented the 2021 Financial Budget.
This is a bold and ground-breaking step braved by Ms Nirmala Sitharaman, who broke away from tradition and made India the digitally empowered country it is. From this day onward, the briefcase-Government will be one step closer to the digital-India movement.
- For the First time, the Union Budget for the financial year 2021 will be in the paperless format. The live streaming of the proud event showed India’s Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman held a Tablet (made in India) in a red case instead of the traditional ‘bahi khata’ or brown briefcase. She posed with the tablet in front of the media after the Parliament event.
- The respected finance minister further stated that the current nation is no longer a “suitcase-carrying government” instead it is a technologically evolved nation with more innovations to come.
- The Government Has Allocated More Than Rs 3,000 Crore For Executing The Digital Census In Union Budget 2021-22.
Impacts of Financial Digital Budget 2021:
- Choosing a digital mode of budget presentation strengthens Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s mission of Digital India. This was an achievement considering the upgrades India have made since 1947 when India’s 1st finance minister RK Shanmukham Chetty presented the first financial budget in a leather portfolio.
- This latest budget development by the finance minister supports the app launched by the Indian Government- The Union Budget Mobile App. The App allows a member of the Parliament and the people to access Budget documents digitally. The aftermaths of COVID-19 was a wakeup call for the system with no printed budget papers in 2021.
- Home Minister Amit Shah broadcasted that the 2021 Budget will be executed through the Union Budget mobile application to promote Digital India and move away from traditional pen and paper systems. The 2021 Digital Census will be implemented using the latest technology.
- Nirmala Sitharaman emphasised on the digital usage of services and presentations as the country has suffered enough financial loss due to the pandemic. Digital approaches will help lift the Indian economy post/during the lockdown.
- The latest digital census will help the citizens to upload their details and their families on the Union Budget mobile app by themselves. The country-wide implementation will be available in sixteen languages and the amount allocated for the same is Rs 12000 crore as per Amit Shah’s statement.
Now is the time to digitally upgrade ourselves and become empowered along with the country.
- India Takes A Step Ahead With The Latest Digital Union Budget For The Financial Year 2021! - February 1, 2021
- Short Term Courses For Accounts Professionals - February 1, 2021
- Become A Pro Analyst With Stock Market Training Programs - January 2, 2021
DISCLAIMER: The content created above is for the readers' knowledge and information only. Before acting on any of the aforementioned article's points, it is advised to get expert advice.
Great article .Good job.Thank you for sharing with us. I also have a solution for govt job seekar to get online free job alert in India. Know more about latest govt jobs in 2021.